Historical Reads: Etiquette From Catherine the Great
All things Ruffnerian shares the rules of etiquette posted by Empress Catherine the Great at her Hermitage:
2. Orders of precedence and haughtiness,
and anything of such like which might result from them,
shall be left at the doors.
3. Be merry, but neither spoil nor break anything,
nor indeed gnaw at anything.
4. Be seated, stand or walk as it best pleases you,
regardless of others.
5. Speak with moderation and not too loudly,
so that others present have not an earache or headache.
6. Argue without anger or passion.
7. Do not sigh or yawn, neither bore nor fatigue others.
To read the entire post, click here.