Readers' Feedback Survey: The Results

A few weeks ago, I asked you to take a survey to let me know what you like or dislike about the blog and what you would like to change. Today, the results are in. First of all, a big thank you to everyone who spared a few minutes to give me their feedback. I really appreciate it. I was also glad to find out that most of you are enjoying the blog as it is, but I did receive some interesting suggestions and feedback on what you'd like to see more of.

Most of you want to see more reviews of all kinds of history books, from biographies to essays to historical novels, which is not surprising considering this is mainly a history blog. Although I won't stop reviewing other genres completely (I'm an avid reader and need some place to share my thoughts on the books I read), I will definitely post a lot more reviews of history-related books from now on.

Some of you also suggested that I review historical movies. If I haven't yet, it's because I don't watch many of them. That may sound odd to some of you as, after all, I'm a history geek, but I'm also a stickler for accuracy and get easily irritated by how much artistic licence is taken in movies. I may have enjoyed The Tudors, but I had to stop watching The Other Boleyn Girl after 20 minutes and when I accidentally came across The Affair of The Necklace with Hilary Swank on TV, I regretted not knowing it was on so that I could have watched it from the start, only to change channel ten minutes later in disgust.

I'm not against artistic licence itself. I know that it's necessary as there are just so many things we don't know about the past that must be filled with imagination, but it seems that a lot of movies are simply rewriting history, which I can't stand. Instead, it's movies like The Young Victoria, which was very accurate, that I adore, so I will try to review those. If you have any suggestions on what I should watch and review, please let me know in the comments.

Finally, I will try to change the header to something prettier and more colourful, but I'm not that good with Photoshop, so please bear with me, while I figure out how to do it.

Thanks again for all your suggestions, and if you have more, let me know!